Stepping Stone Media
020 7580 5670
- Purposes of Processing
Your data will be processed for the following purposes:
– Provide services under contract to you.
– Comply with regulatory and other legal obligations.
– Correspond with you and market additional services that may be of interest.
– Protect against potential claims.
- Legal Basis
Your data will be processed based on Stepping Stone Media’s legitimate interest in achieving the aims of processing as outlined above. For special category data, the provider of the data warrants that they have consented to the processing by Stepping Stone Media or obtained written consent from the data subject.
- Personal Data Held
Stepping Stone Media is required to positively identify its clients, including identifying a director in the case of a corporate client. Additionally, Stepping Stone Media holds any information provided by its clients and others. Special category data is rarely collected.
- Failure to Provide Data
Failure to provide the required data will result in the inability to receive services or marketing from Stepping Stone Media
- Data Sources
Stepping Stone Media obtains most personal data from its clients and individuals who have shown interest in the services. Some personal data is obtained from other correspondents, and Stepping Stone Media also collects data from publicly available sources (e.g., Companies House).
Data provided by a client is treated as confidential and will only be shared with others to the extent necessary to provide contracted services, comply with legal obligations, or protect against potential claims. Stepping Stone Media utilises data processors, including secure cloud storage for files and emails, to provide its services while ensuring data processing compliance.
- Third Countries and Safeguards
Data is rarely sent to third countries except as required for individual client matters. When necessary, relevant devices are password protected and equipped with tracking and remote wipe software, and they are personally accompanied.
- Retention Period
Data is held until the client requests its removal.
- Data Subject’s Rights
Where applicable (subject to client confidentiality), you have the right to:
– Withdraw consent to the processing of your data.
– File a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your data ([Information Commissioner’s Office](https://ico.org.uk/)).
– Obtain a copy of the data held on you and request correction of any errors.